Frederick Memorial Hospital brings quality rehab services to you and the community. Our rehabilitation teams consist of highly skilled therapists with a vast range of rehabilitation expertise in helping patients return to a more independent functional lifestyle. Our specialized Orthopedic Rehabilitation program provides treatment to a large variety of orthopedic injuries and impairments, including Total Joints Program.
How can Orthopedic Rehab help?
Orthopedic patients typically have a deficiency that needs to be addressed. Our rehabilitation teams can specifically target muscles to improve function and decrease problems. With knowledge on surgical procedures, treatment goals, and the musculoskeletal anatomy, our therapists can tailor their efforts to improve the well-being of the patient. After a procedure such as a hip replacement or ACL reconstruction, it is important that therapy is guided by the surgical procedure. Some surgery places limits on weight-bearing and range of motion; our therapy team works closely with the physicians to meet assigned limitations to ensure a successful outcome.
Who can benefit from Orthopedic Rehab? Patients who have:
- Undergone surgery, including joint replacement, rotator cuff repair
- Stiffness, pain, weakness or swelling
- Limited use of function with activities of daily living, work and or leisure
- Degenerative conditions such as osteo- or rheumatoid arthritis
- To prevent further loss of function
Program Specialties Include:
- Total Joint Program
- Follow Rotator Cuff protocol
- Hip, knee, and shoulder replacements
- Knee injuries including pain, sprains/strains, and ACL repairs
- General sprains/strains
- Cervical and lumbar pain or injuries
- Ankle fracture, sprain, or instability
- Shoulder injuries including rotator cuff injuries, fractures, tendinitis, impingements, and adhesive capsulitis
- Sports Injuries
- Repetitive / Overuse Injuries
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- Osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoarthritis
- Pre-surgical education, conditioning, and strengthening program