24K Cake Dig
$24K or SPREE Envelope Pick Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. ONLY, WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (AS DEFINED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN
Promotion Period: Contest registration is scheduled to begin on 4/17/2014 and end 4/26/2014 (the “Registration Period”). The grand prize contest event is scheduled to occur on 4/26/2014 at Colonial Jewelers in Frederick, MD. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Who May Enter: Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, who reside within 250 miles of Frederick, MD, and who are age 18 or older as of date of entry with a valid driver’s license or government issued I.D., except the following classes of persons who are not eligible to enter:
- Employees, officers, and directors of Colonial Jewelers (“Sponsor”), WAFY-FM (the “Contest Administrator”), Manning Broadcasting, Million Dollar Media, LLC, each of their respective franchisees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this promotion (collectively, “Released Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the above. “Immediate family members” includes, for purposes of this promotion, parents (including in-laws), grandparents, siblings (including step-siblings), children (including step-children), grand children (including step grand children) and each of their respective spouses.
- Individuals who are unable or unwilling to be present for the grand prize contest event on 4/26/2014 at Colonial Jewelers in Frederick, MD.
How to Enter – Three Ways:
- On Line Registration: To enter via on-line registration, visit www.key103radio.com during the “Registration Period” and click the Contest entry button to connect to the Contest registration page. Each entrant must fully complete the on-line registration page with all required information including his/her name, complete address (including city, state and zip), valid email address, birth date, and phone number(s) (including area code(s)). After having read and agreed to these Official Rules, click the submit button to submit your on-line entry. All on-line entries must be fully complete for all required information, and must be received by 5:00pm EST on 4/24/2014 to be eligible. Maximum of one on-line entry per person and per valid email address. Any on-line entry submitted with an invalid email address will be disqualified.
- Register to Win: Official entry forms will be made available (while supplies last) at Colonial Jewelers during normal business hours between the Registration Period. Fully complete an official entry form with all required information and deposit into the official registration box provided at sponsor location. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries permitted. All eligible entries must be received by close of business on 4/24/2014. Limit one entry per person. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified
- Grand Prize Event Date: Join the grand prize event at Colonial Jewelers on 4/26/2014 at the time as designated on-air by WAFY-FM. Obtain and fully complete an entry blank made available prior to the start of the grand prize dice contest attempts. Deposit entry blank into the registration box available at sponsor location by the required registration deadline prior to the start of the grand prize contest. Maximum of one (1) entry per person during grand prize event.
Maximum of one entry per person per entry method. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, or for lost or stolen entries boxes, or for entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules, or for any entry not submitted or received due to any technical error or failure, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate capture or mis-entry of any required information, or the failure to capture any such information or effects of hackers or failure of any electronic equipment, computer or cellular transmissions and/or network connections; all of which will be disqualified.
Each participant must submit an entry on his/her own behalf. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void.
In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. The “authorized email account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All entries received become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Finalist Selection & Notification: A maximum total of (12) semi-finalists will be randomly selected from all registration methods combined to participate in the ‘Cake Dig’ contest (see contest description below) as follows:
- On-line: A total of (2) semi-finalists will be randomly selected from among all online eligible entries received.
- Register to Win: A total of (4) semi-finalists will be randomly selected from among all eligible register to win entries combined.
- Grand Prize Event Date: A total of (6) last chance semi-finalists will be randomly selected from among eligible entries received on the date of the grand prize contest, prior to the start of the contest. Each selected semi-finalist name will be announced at the event, and the finalist must be present at the time of such announcement to participate. Each selected semi-finalist must immediately make their presence known to the contest administrator, or they will be disqualified and an alternate semi-finalist will be selected and announced.
Maximum of one semi-finalist per household. Each selected semi-finalist will be notified initially by phone or in person of their selection. Any pre-selected semi-finalist that cannot be reached or contacted to confirm their selection after an initial phone call to the number listed on their entry, may be disqualified and an alternate semi-finalist may be selected and notified, time permitting. During the semi-finalist notification phone call, potential semi-finalist must confirm their eligibility, and indicate their willingness and ability to attend the grand prize event on 4/26/2014 to participate in the in the grand prize contest (see description below).
Any selected semi-finalist who does not meet the eligibility requirements, does not wish to participate in the grand prize contest, or who is unable or unwilling to attend the grand prize event will be disqualified. An alternate semi-finalist will then be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries received, and notified per the procedures outlined above, time permitting. Only semi-finalists selected and notified by sponsor will be eligible to participate in the grand prize contest. All other entrants are ineligible. Semi-finalist selection and participation is non-transferable. No other individual may participate on behalf of a selected semi-finalist. Decisions of judges in the selection of semi-finalists, and all matters related to this contest are final.
Selected semi-finalist(s) must be present at the date, time and location as specified by sponsor to participate in the grand prize contest. Any semi-finalist who fails to appear by the required deadline as stated by Station will be disqualified, and will not receive any alternate contest attempts, prize substitution or compensation. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the date, time or location of the grand prize contest. Semi-finalists will be notified of any changes at the time of their selection and/or notification. Difficulties with getting to location to enter or participate in the contest are not the responsibility of Sponsors.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to randomly select replacement semi-finalists for any disqualified finalists from anyone in attendance from the crowd on the day of the contest.
Grand Prize Finalist Selection – A maximum of (12) semi-finalists will compete in a ‘cake-digging’ contest as specified by Key 103 and Sponsor for designated bonus prize awards as determined and announced by Station/Sponsor. A total of one (1) grand prize finalist will be determined through the Big Cake Dig. The winner of the Big Cake Dig will be designated as the grand prize finalist and will participate in the Grand prize Envelope Pick Contest per below.
Grand Prize Envelope Pick Contest: The selected finalist will be assigned their own unique set of (20) sealed contest envelopes. The envelopes will be divided into (10) rounds of two, with the envelopes labeled for their corresponding round (i.e. Round 1A, Round 1B; Round 2A, Round 2B, etc.). Each envelope will contain a prize certificate. Winning prize certificates will be labeled with “$24K” or other winning text that clearly identifies it as a winning certificate. Non-winning prize certificates will be labeled with “SPREE” or other non-winning text that clearly identifies it as a non-winning certificate.
Within each round, one envelope will contain a winning certificate and one envelope will contain a non-winning certificate. The finalist will be required to start with Round 1, and must select one of the two envelopes in each round from among the contest envelopes assigned to their particular contest attempt. In order to be eligible to claim the grand prize, the eligible finalist must successfully select the one contest envelope in each of the 10 rounds that contains an official “Winning Prize Certificate”. If the finalist selects an envelope that contains a non-winning certificate during any round, their attempt is immediately concluded and they will not be eligible for the grand prize.
The following requirements will apply for each attempt:
- The finalist must participate using the unique set of (20) sealed contest envelopes that have been assigned by the sponsor for their attempt.
- Starting with Round 1, finalist must select and open only one (1) of the two (2) prize envelopes in each round. If the finalist opens the envelope containing the winning certificate printed with a “$24K”, they have won that round and may continue in the contest.
- In any of the (10) rounds, if the finalist selects the envelope containing the non-winning prize certificate (“SPREE”), their contest attempt is immediately ended, and there will be no further opportunity to participate or win the grand prize.
- If more than one (1) envelope in any round is opened for any reason, the contest attempt will immediately be disqualified, and the finalist will not be eligible for the grand prize.
- All contest attempts must occur in the presence of the designated Contest Administrator. Any attempt initiated without the presence of the designated contest administrator is void and will not be eligible for the grand prize regardless of its outcome.
IMPORTANT: If the contest envelopes in any particular round are found to contain more than (1) “Winning Certificate” in error for any reason including due to a mistake in their preparation or any type of tampering, that particular finalist’s attempt is void. The finalist will be entitled only to re-attempt the contest, and will be provided a new set of sealed contest envelopes for their re-attempt on a date as designated by sponsor.
Prize Awards & Delivery:
Grand Prize: In the event of a successful completion of all (10) rounds of the envelope pick contest by the grand prize finalist, the finalist will be eligible to claim the grand prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules. The grand prize is: $24,000 Cash.
A maximum of (1) grand prize will be awarded. In the event the finalist does NOT successfully complete all required rounds, then the grand prize will NOT be awarded.
Prize winner(s) must accept delivery of prize from sponsor, or as otherwise instructed by sponsor. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance is the responsibility of winner including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and no prize substitution allowed, except at sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Grand prize winner will be required to complete and return a W-9 form (if prize value exceeds $600.00), affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release (Tennessee residents need not sign publicity release), and present a valid driver’s license and social security card before prize will be awarded. Winners of prizes greater than $600.00 will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prize(s) and are responsible for paying all applicable taxes on prize(s).
Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, contestant will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation. If there is no winning attempt in the contest according to these contest rules, the grand prize will not be awarded. Total Maximum ARV of all prizes available: $24,000
Additional Rules & Restrictions: By participating in this contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to this contest. In the event an entrant wins a prize, and is later found to be in violation of these rules he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the prize. Participation in contest constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade in any media worldwide without limitation or further compensation unless prohibited by law. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for any prize.
Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes/prize winners. By accepting prizes, winners agree to hold sponsor, and released parties (collectively “Releasees”), from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel related thereto), and to assume all liability in connection therewith.
Releasees shall not be liable to any winner, entrant or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Releasees’ sole control. No more than the advertised maximum number of prizes will be awarded for any reason.
IN CASE OF DISPUTES: By participating, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
Odds: The odds of being selected as an official semi-finalist are dependent upon the number of entries received. The odds of winning the grand prize once selected as the official finalist are 1:1,024.
Winners List/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules or a list of prize winner(s), if any, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: Colonial Jewelers Envelope Pick Contest, c/o Manning Broadcasting, 5742 Industry Lane, Frederick, MD 21704. Please specify which you are requesting. Requests must be received by 6/26/2014.
Contest Sponsor/Administrator: This contest is administered by Manning Broadcasting, 5742 Industry Lane, Frederick, MD 21704.