24K Cake Dig Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. The following CONTEST is OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. ONLY, WHO meet the eligibility requirements (as defined in the rules below). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED.
Promotion Period: Contest registration is scheduled to begin on 4/17/2014 and end 4/24/2014 (the “Registration Period”). The grand prize contest event is scheduled to occur on 4/26/2014 at Colonial Jewelers in Frederick, MD. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Who May Enter: Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, who reside within 250 miles of Frederick, MD and who are age 18 or older as of date of entry with a valid driver’s license or government issued I.D., except the following classes of persons who are not eligible to enter:
- Employees, officers, and directors of Colonial Jewelers (“Sponsor”), Manning Broadcasting (“Administrator”), Million Dollar Media, LLC, each of their respective franchisees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the above, whether or not related. “Immediate family members” includes, for purposes of this contest, parents (including in-laws), grandparents, siblings (including step-siblings), children (including step-children), grand children (including step grand children) and each of their respective spouses.
- Individuals who are unable or unwilling to be present to participate in the grand prize contest event on 4/26/2014 (see below).
How to Enter – Three Ways:
- On Line Registration: To enter via on-line registration, visit www.key103radio.com during the “Registration Period” and click the Contest entry button to connect to the Contest registration page. Each entrant must fully complete the on-line registration page with all required information including his/her name, complete address (including city, state and zip), valid email address, birth date, and phone number(s) (including area code(s)). After having read and agreed to these Official Rules, click the submit button to submit your on-line entry. All on-line entries must be fully complete for all required information, and must be received by 5:00pm EST on 4/24/2014 to be eligible. Maximum of one on-line entry per person and per valid email address. Any on-line entry submitted with an invalid email address will be disqualified.
- Register to Win: Official entry forms will be made available (while supplies last) at Colonial Jewelers during normal business hours between the Registration Period. Fully complete an official entry form with all required information and deposit into the official registration box provided at sponsor location. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries permitted. All eligible entries must be received by close of business on 4/24/2014. Limit one entry per person. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified
- Grand Prize Event Date: Join the grand prize event at Colonial Jewelers on 4/26/2014 at the time as designated on-air by WAFY-FM. Obtain and fully complete an entry blank made available prior to the start of the grand prize dice contest attempts. Deposit entry blank into the registration box available at sponsor location by the required registration deadline prior to the start of the grand prize contest. Maximum of one (1) entry per person during grand prize event.
Maximum of one entry per person per entry method. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, or for lost or stolen entries boxes, or for entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules, or for any entry not submitted or received due to any technical error or failure, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate capture or mis-entry of any required information, or the failure to capture any such information or effects of hackers or failure of any electronic equipment, computer or cellular transmissions and/or network connections; all of which will be disqualified.
Each participant must submit an entry on his/her own behalf. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void.
In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. The “authorized email account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All entries received become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Finalist Selection & Notification: A maximum total of (12) finalists will be randomly selected from all registration methods combined to participate in the ‘Cake Dig’ contest (see contest description below) as follows:
- On-line: A total of (2) finalists will be randomly selected from among all online eligible entries received.
- Register to Win: A total of (4) finalists will be randomly selected from among all eligible register to win entries combined.
- Grand Prize Event Date: A total of (6) last chance finalists will be randomly selected from among eligible entries received on the date of the grand prize contest, prior to the start of the contest. Each selected finalist name will be announced at the event, and the finalist must be present at the time of such announcement to participate. Each selected finalist must immediately make their presence known to the contest administrator, or they will be disqualified and an alternate finalist will be selected and announced.
Maximum of one finalist per household. Each selected finalist will be notified initially by phone or in person of their selection. Any pre-selected finalist that cannot be reached or contacted to confirm their selection after an initial phone call to the number listed on their entry, may be disqualified and an alternate finalist may be selected and notified, time permitting. During the finalist notification phone call, potential finalist must confirm their eligibility, and indicate their willingness and ability to attend the grand prize event on 4/20/2013 to participate in the in the grand prize contest (see description below).
Any selected finalist who does not meet the eligibility requirements, does not wish to participate in the grand prize contest, or who is unable or unwilling to attend the grand prize event will be disqualified. An alternate finalist will then be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries received, and notified per the procedures outlined above, time permitting. Only finalists selected and notified by sponsor will be eligible to participate in the grand prize contest. All other entrants are ineligible. Finalist selection and participation is non-transferable. No other individual may participate on behalf of a selected finalist. Decisions of judges in the selection of finalists, and all matters related to this contest are final.
Selected finalist(s) must be present at the date, time and location as specified by sponsor to participate in the grand prize contest. Any finalist who fails to appear by the required deadline as stated by Station will be disqualified, and will not receive any alternate contest attempts, prize substitution or compensation. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the date, time or location of the grand prize contest. Finalists will be notified of any changes at the time of their selection and/or notification. Difficulties with getting to location to enter or participate in the contest are not the responsibility of Sponsors.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to randomly select replacement finalists for any disqualified finalists from anyone in attendance from the crowd on the day of the contest.
Grand Prize Finalist Selection – A maximum of (12) finalists will compete in a ‘cake-digging’ contest as specified by Key 103 and Sponsor for designated bonus prize awards as determined and announced by Station/Sponsor. A total of two (2) semi-finalists will be determined for the Big Cake Dig. The winner of the Big Cake Dig will be designated as the grand prize finalist and will have their choice to select:
· $1,000 gift certificate to Colonial Jewelers, or the chance to participate in the grand prize contest as described below;
· The remaining semi-finalist who participated in the Big Cake Dig shall receive the remaining unselected option – either the $1,000 gift certificate to Colonial Jewelers, or the chance to participate in the grand prize contest as described below
Grand Prize Contest: The finalist participating in the grand prize contest shall be assigned to a set of (24) sealed contest envelopes. The set of (24) sealed contest envelopes shall contain (3) winning certificates, and (21) non-winning certificates. The finalist will have the opportunity to select and open a maximum of any (3) sealed contest envelopes from their assigned set.
The following will apply to the grand prize contest attempt:
- All contest attempts must occur in the presence of the contest administrator. Any attempt(s) not made in the presence of the contest administrator for any reason will be disqualified and is not eligible for the grand prize.
- The finalist will be presented with a unique display of (24) sealed contest envelopes which are identical in size, shape, and color.
- Each of the sealed contest envelopes will be labeled with a number to encompass the entire range of numbers from 1 to 24.
- The finalist will be required to select a total of (3) sealed contest envelopes.
- The finalist will then open each selected sealed contest envelope and remove the enclosed prize certificate contained inside. Opening more than (3) sealed contest envelopes for any reason will disqualify the contestant, and void any opportunity to claim the grand prize.
- The finalist must then reveal each of their prize certificates contained in their selected envelopes to the contest administrator to determine if the certificate is a “Winning” or “Non-Winning” prize certificate.
In order to claim the grand prize, each of the (3) sealed contest envelopes selected and opened by the eligible finalist must each contain a “Winning” prize certificate. The winning symbol printed on the grand prize winning certificates for this contest will be one of the following: “2 – 4 – K” or other symbol or text which clearly identifies it as a winning certificate. The “Non-Winning” prize certificates will be printed with “Sorry – Not a Winner” or other similar text clearly distinguishing it as a “Non-Winning” certificate.
If the finalist selects any sealed contest envelope that contains a “Non-Winning” prize certificate, then they will not be eligible to claim the grand prize. In the event the finalist does not select the envelopes containing the (4) winning prize certificates, then the grand prize will NOT be awarded.
IMPORTANT: In the event of an error in the preparation of the contest materials or any tampering that results in the set of (24) sealed contest envelopes containing more than (3) “Winning Prize Certificates”, that contest attempt is void. The corresponding contestant will be entitled only to re-attempt the contest, and will be provided a new set of sealed contest envelopes for their contest re-attempt.
Prize Awards & Delivery:
Grand Prize: In the event any eligible finalist successfully completes the contest as required by these official rules by selecting the contest envelopes that each contain a winning certificate, that finalist will be eligible to claim the grand prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules. The grand prize for this contest is: $24,000 Cash.
A maximum (1) grand prize will be awarded.
All federal, state and local taxes are the prize winner’s sole responsibility. The prize award is non-transferable and no prize substitution allowed, except at Contest Administrator’s sole discretion or as provided herein. Prize winner(s) will be required to complete and return a W-9 form (if prize value exceeds $600.00), affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release, and present a valid driver’s license and social security card before prize will be awarded. Winners of prizes greater than $600.00 will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prize(s) and are responsible for paying all taxes on prize(s). Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, contestant will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation.
Additional Rules & Restrictions: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to this Contest. In the event an entrant wins a prize, and is later found to be in violation of these rules he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the prize. Participation in Contest constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use entrants’ names, cities and states of residence and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade in any and all media now or hereafter known worldwide on perpetuity without limitation or further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for any prize.
By participating, entrants agree to hold all Released Parties harmless from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this Contest, or the
acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel or activity related thereto), and to assume all liability thereof.
Released Parties shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Released Parties’ sole control.
Participants are restricted to use of ordinary and typical computer equipment, mobile phone equipment, Internet access and cellular networks. Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Sponsor’s control, or otherwise. The Sponsor disclaims any liability for received entries due to technical difficulties or transmission errors. The Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Released Parties are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile phone related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors of any kind, whether computer, technical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitations, errors which may occur in connection with the printing or advertising of this Contest, administration or execution of the Contest, the cancellation of the game, the processing of entries or in the announcement of the prizes or prize winners. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest website.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy or threaten the integrity of this portion of the Promotion, in the opinion of the Sponsor/Administrator, or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest as determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of early termination of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to determine any eligible prize winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of such termination.
If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, any event associated with this contest or the prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
IN CASE OF DISPUTES: By participating, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
Odds: The odds of being selected as an official finalist are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. The odds of winning the grand prize once selected as an official finalist are 1:2,024.
Winners List: For a copy of these official rules or name of the Prize winnerssend a self addressed, stamped envelope to: 24K Cake Dig Contest, c/o WAFY-FM, 5742 Industry Lane, Frederick, MD, 21704. Please specify which you are requesting. Requests must be received by 5/31/2013.
Sponsor/Administrator: This contest is administered by WAFY-FM, 5742 Industry Lane, Frederick, MD, 21704.