8th Annual Colonial Jewelers Cake Dig
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. ONLY, WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (AS DEFINED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED.
Promotion Period: Contest registration is scheduled to begin on 4/29/2016 and end 5/7/2016 (the “Registration Period”). The grand prize contest event is scheduled to occur on 5/7/2016 at Colonial Jewelers in Frederick, MD. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Who May Enter: Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, who reside within 250 miles of Frederick, MD, and who are age 18 or older as of date of entry with a valid driver’s license or government issued I.D., except the following classes of persons who are not eligible to enter:
- Employees, officers, and directors of Colonial Jewelers (“Sponsor”), WAFY-FM (the “Contest Administrator”), Manning Broadcasting, each of their respective franchisees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this promotion (collectively, “Released Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the above. “Immediate family members” includes, for purposes of this promotion, parents (including in-laws), grandparents, siblings (including step-siblings), children (including step-children), grand children (including step grand children) and each of their respective spouses.
- Individuals who are unable or unwilling to be present for the grand prize contest event on 5/7/2016 at Colonial Jewelers in Frederick, MD.
How to Enter – Three Ways:
- On Line Registration: To enter via on-line registration, visit www.ColonialJewelers.com during the “Registration Period” and click the Contest entry button to connect to the Contest registration page. Each entrant must fully complete the on-line registration page with all required information including his/her name, complete address (including city, state and zip), valid email address, birth date, and phone number(s) (including area code(s)). After having read and agreed to these Official Rules, click the submit button to submit your on-line entry. All on-line entries must be fully complete for all required information, and must be received by 5:00pm EST on 5/5/2016 to be eligible. Maximum of one on-line entry per person and per valid email address. Any on-line entry submitted with an invalid email address will be disqualified.
- Register to Win: Official entry forms will be made available (while supplies last) at Colonial Jewelers during normal business hours between the Registration Period. Fully complete an official entry form with all required information and deposit into the official registration box provided at sponsor location. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries permitted. All eligible entries must be received by close of business on 5/5/2016. Limit one entry per person. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified
- Grand Prize Event Date: Join the grand prize event at Colonial Jewelers on 5/7/2016 at the time as designated on-air by WAFY-FM. Obtain and fully complete an entry blank made available prior to the start of the grand prize contest. Deposit entry blank into the registration box available at sponsor location by the required registration deadline prior to the start of the grand prize contest. Maximum of one (1) entry per person during grand prize event.
Maximum of one entry per person per entry method. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, or for lost or stolen entries boxes, or for entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules, or for any entry not submitted or received due to any technical error or failure, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate capture or mis-entry of any required information, or the failure to capture any such information or effects of hackers or failure of any electronic equipment, computer or cellular transmissions and/or network connections; all of which will be disqualified.
Each participant must submit an entry on his/her own behalf. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void.
In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. The “authorized email account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All entries received become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Finalist Selection & Notification: A maximum total of (6) semi-finalists and their partners will be randomly selected from all registration methods combined to participate in the ‘Cake Dig’ contest (see contest description below) as follows:
- On-line: A total of (1) semi-finalists will be randomly selected from among all online eligible entries received.
- Facebook: (1) semi-finalist will be selected from people who register via Colonial Jewelers Facebook Page
- Register to Win: A total of (2) semi-finalists will be randomly selected from among all eligible register to win entries.
- Grand Prize Event Date: A total of (2) last chance semi-finalists will be randomly selected from among eligible entries received on the date of the grand prize contest, prior to the start of the contest. Each selected semi-finalist name will be announced at the event, and the finalist must be present at the time of such announcement to participate. Each selected semi-finalist must immediately make their presence known to the contest administrator, or they will be disqualified and an alternate semi-finalist will be selected and announced.
Maximum of one semi-finalist per household. Each selected semi-finalist will be notified initially by phone or in person of their selection. Any pre-selected semi-finalist that cannot be reached or contacted to confirm their selection after an initial phone call to the number listed on their entry, may be disqualified and an alternate semi-finalist may be selected and notified, time permitting. During the semi-finalist notification phone call, potential semi-finalist must confirm their eligibility, and indicate their willingness and ability to attend the grand prize event on 5/7/2016 to participate in the in the grand prize contest (see description below).
Any selected semi-finalist who does not meet the eligibility requirements, does not wish to participate in the grand prize contest, or who is unable or unwilling to attend the grand prize event will be disqualified. An alternate semi-finalist will then be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries received, and notified per the procedures outlined above, time permitting. Only semi-finalists selected and notified by sponsor will be eligible to participate in the grand prize contest. All other entrants are ineligible. Semi-finalist selection and participation is non-transferable. No other individual may participate on behalf of a selected semi-finalist. Decisions of judges in the selection of semi-finalists, and all matters related to this contest are final.
Selected semi-finalist(s) must be present at the date, time and location as specified by sponsor to participate in the grand prize contest. Any semi-finalist who fails to appear by the required deadline as stated by Station will be disqualified, and will not receive any alternate contest attempts, prize substitution or compensation. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the date, time or location of the grand prize contest. Semi-finalists will be notified of any changes at the time of their selection and/or notification. Difficulties with getting to location to enter or participate in the contest are not the responsibility of Sponsors.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to randomly select replacement semi-finalists for any disqualified finalists from anyone in attendance from the crowd on the day of the contest.
Grand Prize Finalist Selection – A maximum of (12) semi-finalists will compete in a ‘cake-digging’ contest as specified by Key 103 and Sponsor for designated bonus prize awards as determined and announced by Station/Sponsor. A total of one (1) grand prize finalist will be determined through the Big Cake Dig. The winner of the Big Cake Dig will be designated as the grand prize finalist and will participate in the Grand prize Contest.