1. Interrupting: Even if you're agreeing about something, let the other person finish their thought before you jump in.
2. Steamrolling the Conversation: Meaning, you don't let your date get a word in. Again, it communicates that you think what YOU have to say is really interesting, but what they have to say ISN'T.
3. Over-thinking Responses: As in, you're not really listening to what your date is saying, because you're too busy thinking about how you'll respond. That can make you seem detached from the conversation.
4. Acting Like a Know-it all: It's good to seem smart. But if you act arrogant or start presenting youre opinions like they're facts, you'll seem pompous and closed minded.
5. Story Matching: This is when a they tell a story, and you respond with a similar story. That's ok in small doses, because it highlights how you're similar.