1. Start adjusting bedtime before school actually starts.
2. Set your morning routine: Mornings are always going to be hectic. But, you can control the crazy if everyone knows the routine.
3. Make play dates with classmates.
4. Make school shopping special: Take each kid out separately. Take them out to lunch and spend some quality time.
5. Add a new responsibility before school starts: Maybe have them start packing their own lunch.
6. Organize the closets: Separate the summer and fall clothes.
7. Do something fun: Go to and amusement park or take a day trip to Baltimore or DC.