Dating websites show texting is rapidly changing the way we meet and communicate with potential new dates. Every day, singles are letting their fingers do the talking for a variety of reasons:
1. Up to 38 percent of singles aged 21-50 (men and women) say it's an easy way to set up a date.
2. It minimizes initial rejection and allows people to make a quick exit.
3. It's a safer way to flirt, since you can plan a smart quip and avoid awkwark silences that crop up on the phone or in person.
4. It's more casual than the phone and considered less intrusive.
5. It takes a lot of energy with short comments that get the point across quickly.
6. It provides more control over a conversation length versus the phone which can use up a lot of time.
But, they also say, don't JUST text. Make it a nice mix of texting and talking on the phone, because just texting could kill your dating life.