According to a new survey, 34% of people say they're Facebook friends with people they dont' like, and wouldn't talk to them if they bumped into them in real life.
The reasons why?
1. To monitor their photos or status updates, see what they're up to, and see if they're succeeding or failing.
2. They're a family member you HAVE to be friends with.
3. They're a good business connection to stay in contact with.
4. You dont' want to deal with the consequences of defriending them.
5. Being friends with them allows you to see what other people you're NOT Facebook friends with are doing... like your kid or your boss.