If you're staying with family during the holidays, I'm sure there are a few things that come with it that you're not looking forward to:
1. Being woken up before you want to be.
2. Having to wait in line to use the bathroom.
3. Getting into an argument with a relative.
4. Eating a meal made by someone who can't cook.
5. Being forced to participate in weird family traditions.
6. You kids finding their presents early.
7. Long conversations with relatives you dont' like.
8. Having to sleep on an air mattress, or on the floor.
9. Having to share a room with a relative.
You can avoid all of this. Just stay at a hotel.