1. Don't try a new trend - Reveal the real you, and stick to the clothing you usually wear. Don't wear one of those shirts you got on the boardwalk in Ocean City like, "I'm with stupid," and the arrow is pointng at them.
2. Don't reveal too much - First impressions are quick to be made. Guys will take that the wrong way if you reveal too much.
3. Dress for the situation - Most first dates involve doing something very casual like grabbing a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Make sure whatever you're wearing is true to the situation. You don't want to show up in a dressy gown for coffee and he has on a hoodie and jeans.
4. Leave the sloppy clothes at home - Even if your date is outdoors or involves some kind of physical activity, it's still important to make an effort.
5. Break away from wearing all black - Include a splash of color in your outfit. Wearing colors like peach, coral, and yellow are nice.