You can actually MAKE YOURSELF into a charming person. Her are are seven ways to do just that:
1. Make a lot of gestrures. People apparently respond to really animated people. But don't act like a clown.
2. Have a contagious laugh. A good laugh makes everyone aroung you want to join in. But a bad laugh can be the death knell. Don't be the person with the irritating cackle that you can hear a mile away.
3. Be touchy. In the good way. Charming people have a light touch and it makes people feel comfortable to get a pat on the shoulder or a tap on the arm. Just don't be a groper.
4. Use eye contact. And, have a nice open expression. You don't want to go for a hard, cold poker face.
5. Be outgoing with strangers. People, especially shy ones, appreciate somone who is easygoing and open. Just don't be awkward and overdo the friendliness.
6. Get good at MIMING. That may sound crazy, but stories are better if you act them out with body language. It helps people relate to you and visualize what you're saying. Again, be cool about it... don't wave your arms around like a freak.
7. Have an awesome voice. Good voices are expressive and powerful. They change pitch, tone, and volume with ease.