If you're flying, buying airline tickets and traipsing through airport terminals can kill even the happiest of vacation buzzes. Ignore these myths for a smoother travel experience.
1. Last minute fares: They are not cheaper.
2. Planning too far ahead: Can actually be more expensive.
3. Hidden Fares: There's no such thing as finding just the right site to get amazing, hidden deals.
4. Talking your way into an upgrade: Almost always the seat you're trying to schmooze for is already taken.
5. There's a right day to buy: There are better days to fly but not to buy.
6. Airlines run great deals online: Used to be true but now those specials offers are so limited and specific, that they're functionally useless.
7. Bereavement: While bereavement exists as a policy it has never meant particularly good prices.
8. The Saturday night stay: You do not need to stay over a Saturday night to get a better deal. Although, it is more expensive to fly on a Friday or a Saturday because they are the most popular days.